Latest News

Andrew's horror novella, 'The Bathtub', is now available.

Saturday 1 December 2012

Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft

I bought Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft having read and enjoyed another book in the series - Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts

Beltane contains ten short stories, all around the theme of witches and witchcraft.  Some are dark, some light.  (As a horror writer I preferred the darker ones!) 

Some are longer, and some are shorter.  There is quite a difference in length between the stories, which helps give each its own distinct voice and varies the book’s pacing.

Because the stories are varied, both in subject and length, I’m uncomfortable about picking out any that are better than others.  However, I’ll pick out one that is more firmly within my horror genre: ‘Four Bony Hands’ packed a memorably horrific punch at the end.

Overall, I found this and an entertaining read.  I think it’s well worth what I paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment